This section lists trophies that are not specific to any discipline. For discipline-specific trophies, please refer to the discipline-specific pages on this site.
The H A Napier Cup, presented by H A Napier Esq., shall be awarded annually to the Hampshire swimmer or diver who, in the opinion of the Management Committee, has accomplished the best single performance during the year whether or not they are part of a team.
Jan Alderman Memorial Trophy
The Jan Alderman Memorial Trophy is awarded annually to the Hampshire Coach who, in the opinion of the Management Committee, has accomplished the best single performance with their swimmer, diver, or team during the year.
The W S Rowe Memorial Trophy, presented by the Association, shall be awarded annually for conspicuous service the Association. The recipient shall be nominated by the President.
Hampshire County ASA Perpetual Trophies – Rules
- This page lists trophies that are not specific to any discipline. Discipline-specific trophies are listed in the discipline-specific pages on this site.
- The winner shall hold a trophy until 14 days prior to the next competition, when arrangements must be made to forward the trophy, as directed by the Trophies Organiser.
- The winner of an Association trophy must give a receipt on the official form when receiving the trophy and be responsible for the engraving in an appropriate style. In the case of a Team Trophy, a receipt must be given by the Team Manager, Team Captain or Coach.
- The winner of an Association trophy is responsible for ensuring the trophy is engraved in the appropriate style. Team Trophies are the responsibility of the Club’s Team Manager/Coach.
- The prerogative of presenting the Championship awards rests with the County President, if present.
- No trophy, awarded by the Association, shall be taken out of the Hampshire Championship area without written permission of the Trophies Organiser and approved by the Management Committee.
- The holder of any Association trophy must inform the Trophies Organiser of any change of address, telephone number or location of the trophy held.
- Penalties – Holders will render themselves liable as follows:
– For failure to return a trophy by the date directed – £50.
– For the return of a trophy in a condition unsuitable for immediate presentation – £50.
– For damage to a trophy whilst in his or her possession, the holder shall be required to reimburse the Association for the full cost of repair.
– For loss of a trophy whilst in the holder’s possession, the Association reserves the right to recover the cost of replacement from the holder.
Failure to meet these fines could result in the holder being barred from competition in future years.
|Please note that the HCASA Management Committee is currently reviewing which trophies should continue to be presented. This will result in changes to these rules.|