HAMPSHIRE MASTERS AND SENIOR RECORDS
1. Only the following distances and strokes will be recognised for Association records:-
Freestyle 50, 100, 200, 400, 800 and 1500 metres
Backstroke 50, 100 and 200 metres
Breaststroke 50, 100 and 200 metres
Butterfly 50, 100 and 200 metres
Individual Medley 100, 200 and 400 metres
2. All records are subject to confirmation by the Management Committee and will be recognised only if:
- They are made by a swimmer, qualified at that time to swim in the Associations individual championships and registered in accordance with ASA Laws.
- In this case they must have competed for a Hampshire, (Isle of Wight and Channel Islands) Club.
- For a Senior Record the swimmers shall be aged 18-24 years on the 31st December (18 on the day of the swim). The date shall be stated at the time the claim is submitted.
- For all distances and strokes, records claimed for Short Course, must be swum in a pool with length of 25 metres.
- For all distances and strokes, records claimed for Long Course, must be swum in a pool with length of 50 metres.
- Only swims done at a Designated Masters Meet OR the Associations Championships qualify.
For records made in the Association Championships or Competitions applications for ratification by the Management Committee shall be prepared by the Records Officer. All other applications for ratification must be made on the official form, and forwarded to the Records Officer within two months of the claim.
All paragraphs of the ASA Laws dealing with English Records shall apply to applications for Association records, unless otherwise provided for in Conditions 1, 2 and 3 above.